- Stitch Regulation - select your stitch length and the regulator will make sure that all your stitches stay the same, from first stitch to last. The needle slows to an idle when the machine stops moving, smoothing out speed changes giving better stitch control. Includes control box and encoders.
- Handle Mounted Controls - Select left or right handed, All controls are located on the handles. You'll never have to move your hands while quilting.
- Infinite Speed Control, in manual mode, quickly select your speed using a large thumbwheel and make the tiniest adjustments quickly, no repetitve button pushing.
- Needle Positioner - Choose your needle position, up or down. The machine will return to that position every time that it stops, or use the switch to bring your bobbin threads to the top for trimming. A big timesaver.
- 17" throat with Max 15" Sewing Area. Much, much more quilting area than a standard home sewing machine. Quilt larger, more complictaed designs more quickly. See a larger portion of your quilt at once and roll your quilt less often. 5" Throat height will easily quilt a king size quilt, even with high-loft batting.
- Handle-Mounted Speed Control Dial, with start/stop button and needle up/down switch for easy control.
- Adjustable, Reversible Handles included. Adjust handle angle, and move them closer to your body. Set handles at a comfortable position to reduce fatigue and eliminate pain. Handles adjust down to quilt level, no need for additional micro-handles. Comfortable rubber grip for better control. Handles are quickly changed to the rear of the frame for pantograph or template quilting.
- Floating Presser Foot is Spring-loaded to float over varying thicknesses of fabric. The foot height can be adjusted up and down for different batting thicknesses. Low-profile foot gives better visibilty to keep an eye on your stitching. Optional template foot available for tracing shape templates and rulers. See optional fat foot for templates.
- L-Size Bobbin Case. Eliminates bobbin tension problems attributed to larger bobbin case. Uses standard bobbins, inexpensive an widely available. Also accepts pre-wound bobbins which hold double the thread of a standard metal bobbin.
- Heavy Duty Motor has a maximum speed of 1700 stitches per minute.
- Add QBOT for fully Automated Quilting. Record your own designs while quilting, or choose from an extensive design collection. The Qbot software allows you to layout entire quilts, design your own patterns, and convert pictures to quilt designs. QBot is $3499, Software is $499.
- Comparable to other computerized quiters: HQ16, Tin Lizzie, Pfaff, Viking, or Queen Quilter at a much lower price. We stretch an existing machine, similar to the method use to create limosuines, to save you money. The work is done in West Bend, Wisconsin by trained professionals. We provide the most comprehensive 5 year warranty in the industry because we are confident in the quality of our work.
- Advanced Frame Design - The beautiful hardwood structure of the frame masks its advanced engineering. The design of the frame includes center support, angle bracing, and cross trestle to ensure a vibration free quilting, and a perfectly square setup for accurate machine movement. Yet, it is as stunning as the quilts it creates. A showpiece in any home.
- Steel carriage with advanced tracking and stability*. The carriage rides 4 ball bearings to reduce friction. 4 rubber rollers grip the frame for perfect tracking and smooth cushioned movements. Fully adjustable to adapt to any home-setup variations.
- Adjustable Frame Size - Choose the length of your frame, either 6', 8', or 10' parts are included with the standard frame. For larger frames, an extension kit is available for 12' frames. Call for details (319) 378-0999.
- Three Roller design eliminates basting your quilt layers together before quilting - no more pinning! The rollers never bend or sag, creating even tension across your entire quilt. The frame includes a 4th roller for your batting. Roll several quilts' worth of batting onto the roller and feed it into your quilts as you go. Keeps your batting clean and wrinkle-free while saving you time during quilt loading. 1-1/4" EMT conduit not included (available at Home Depot or any building supply center).
- Quick-Adjust Roller Height System* Large cranks quickly adjust your rear roller as you advance your quilt. Similar to large professional systems, it is faster and easier to setup and advance your quilt than other home-frames on the market. This feature alone will save you hours of frustration over a year of quilting.
- Metal Ratchet wheels turn smoothly and grip securely to create even the smallest tension adjustments in your quilt layers. You can choose to set up your frame right or left handed.
- Adjustable grip, spring-clamp bungee end tensioners. Quickly release or tighten to adjust the side tension on your quilt.
- Easily adjust the height of your frame from 29" to 42" (seated or standing). Simply pull the safety pin, and loosen the knob to slide the leg up or down. Marked height settings to match all leg heights. Great for frames with multiple users or if you simply want to change your quilting position.
- Large template platform & rear work surface. Great for pantographs, grooved boards or setting scissors or pin holders on the side of your workarea.
- Use velcro, zippers or pins to attach your quilt to the roller.
- Compatible with Quilt-EZ Template System.
- Approved for use with the QBOT computerized quilter. Extremely stable design makes the Summit ideal for Automated Quilting.
- Easy to Store - Take down or set up in minutes.
- Five year warranty on all frame parts.
- Anytime Customer Support - phone support available even on nights and weekends.
- Proudly Made in USA.
- 17" throat with max 15" sewing area.
- Heavy duty motor has a maximum speed of 1700 stitches per minute.
See the Tool School Video of the Hinterberg Summit Frame at www.allpeoplequilt.com
Sewing Machine comparison chart
View Comparison of Stretch vs. Summit Frames and Indigo vs. Voyager Machines.
Click here to view our complete Dealer list, or call us at (319) 378-0999 to find the Summit or Voyager Dealer nearest you.
QBot Computerized Quilter
The Voyager-Summit is Compatible with the QBot Computerized Quilting Systems. Call (319) 378-0999 for information.